Connecting Learning data and business data
Training departments develop and offer training to employees. These courses need to contribute to achieving KPI’s primary processes, such as the shortest possible repair time by service engineers (MTTR mean time to repair), or a robust design process system (Mean Time between Failures).
The key to improving similar KPIs lies in making the utmost of education and training. Which operational information is at hands though? In which processes is this information generated and how can information be joined to gain insight, in other words; analytics to positively influence learning.
With Grace System, the organization will be capable to implement the various levels of the effect of learning to come to a measurable result of the KPIs in all different company processes.
It is possible to research the correlation, the impact on the processes and in this way to isolate the variables that are influenced by learning.
Thus it is possible to make a direct feedback loop between business data and leaning data: Learning Analytics.
Grace is capable to make an analysis with the available data beforehand with the application of intelligent analytics methods. With this a simulation of the added value of a training or course can be made in advance.
For example the application of correlation analytics between learning and the different areas. Such as Design and Engineering (FMEA, RAMS, DFM, RCA), Service and Maintenance (MTTR, MTFB), learning data (skill level), ERP (stock, production, exit- and processing- times, ) Supply chain, ( exit- and supply times)
The aim of this is to involve the processes that could possibly influence or to predict the influence of education and training staff members.
With Grace System it is possible to measure without complex and large data warehouse installations and report environments.
Analysis of learning questions and KPIs from various corporate information sources
When dealing with calculating and presenting data from different sources within and outside a learning domain, the use of a classic Data Warehouse and made to measure reports is not flexible enough.
With Grace we calculate and combine data from management with data from the learning domain. For this we use datamining techniques and modules from Grace System. The results are presented as interactive dashboards, through which the explanation of a drill-down of these data is possible.
The unique Grace approach consists of directly generating knowledge from data by the use of mathematical and statistical algorithms (data science).
The power of Grace Systems is the recognition of patterns through mining, visualising and designing data structures and various quantitative and qualitative analyses in order to answer complex company queries in a learning context.
The use of Grace Systems has a number of benefits:
• From learning to impact by correlating learning data from training with specific learning goals in HR.
• From learning to result by controlling quality of the various industry processes (FMEA, ITIL, SE).
• From learning to ROI by measuring the effect of learning on company goals.
• Finding clusters of process performance in a specific domain (MTTR) and abstracting and coupling to goals in the domain of learning.
• Testing internal company regulations on transactions, though analysis and isolation and after that explaining and relating these to learning goals.
• All analyses can be prepared in a GDR (Group Decision Room), within which downdrilling with stakeholders on causes and effects is possible.
• Reports and excerption reports up to record level for business stakeholders.
• Short processing times and less resources because no complex made- to -measure spreadsheet models need to be built, nor conversion tools.
• The possibility to go from learning question to analysis whereby insight is tested on the process.
Usability of Grace Systems we offer as a service:
• Grace has no limit in data, technique or suppliers.
• The datawarehouse has pre-sets for different disciplines and adapts to the data offered.
• Grace contains innovative datamining and analytics methods for the research of correlation.
• Verifiable because data and checks will remain available in the warehouse, so choices are traceable for stakeholders.
• Grace System contains standard views for complex delta calculations on multiple compound data collections.
• Grace contains views for exports to industry platforms AD, IBM, HP, Oracle.
• Export to excel and CSV.
Grace Systems consists of different modules for support in various organizational issues, depending on the characteristics of the data.
• Data Discovery
• Orphan Discovery
• Correlation Discovery
• Correlation Analysis
• Data Mining
• Cluster Analysis
• A-priori (Basket) Analysis
• Rules Engine